2016 BlueGreen Event Awards
For BlueGreen 2016 we will be presenting 4 awards:
Florida Conservationist of the Year
This award is to honor an individual for their contribution towards conservation in Florida over the past year. Previous winners include: Johnny Morris (Bass Pro Shops Founder), Adam Putnam (Commissioner of Agriculture) and Carlton Ward Jr. (Wildlife Corridor Expedition Leader).
Volunteer/Youth Leadership of the Year
This award is to honor an individual for their contribution towards volunteerism and supporting the engagement of youth in Florida over the past year. Previous winners include: Beau Turner (Founder of the Beau Turner Youth Conservation Center) and Bishop Wright (of the Florida Sportsmen’s Conservation Association).
Florida Legacy- Lifetime Achievement Award
This award is to honor a most deserving individual for their lifetime of work and leadership to support conservation in Florida. This will be the first year for this award.
FWC Officer of the Year
This award is to honor an officer for their dedicated service to law enforcement over the past year. Last year’s winner was Officer David Brady for heroism in the line of duty.
At the request of the Board, we have a simple process to help select our winners.
- Each year’s BlueGreen Committee will serve at the review committee for the award nominees.
- Staff will ask for nominations from our Board, FWC Commissioners and FWC Leadership, Conservation Partners and VIP Stakeholders.
- All nominations are collected through a simple online survey and vetted with the BlueGreen Committee. The Committee selects the final 2 to 4 candidates in each category for the survey ballot.
- An online survey tool is then created to collect final votes for the nominees.
- A link to the anonymous survey is sent to members of the following three groups
- FWFF Board Members
- FWC Senior Leadership Team
- Conservation Partners and key stakeholders
The goal is to have all winners selected by August 1 for notification and publicity purposes.
To submit a name for consideration for the awards this year, click this nominating survey.