Foundation Seeking Digital Marketing & Membership Manager
POSITION TITLE: DIGITAL MARKETING & MEMBERSHIP MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: President & Chief Executive Officer, Fish and Wildlife Foundation of Florida
LOCATION: St. Petersburg FL preferred, but negotiable
DATE PREPARED: January 18, 2018
The Digital Marketing & Membership Manager will oversee all Foundation online communication, including the Foundation’s website, social media, electronic newsletter and other digital assets, to build an increasingly large and diverse universe of social media followers and annual financial supporters, in part by making strategic use of various email data bases. S/he will write articles, press releases and other content and will also work closely with the CEO to promote planned giving and campaign giving via online and traditional media.
The Digital Marketing and Membership Manager will administer the Foundation’s fundraising database, entering donor data and running analytical reports to track the Foundation’s progress. S/he will also help design and implement promotions designed to turn website visitors, social media followers and others into financial supporters. The Digital Marketing & Membership Manager will also provide support as needed to the Foundation’s major gifts fund raising program, including promoting and pitching in as needed to produce the Foundation’s major annual fundraiser, the BlueGreen gala. S/he may also take the lead on digital outreach to special target audiences, like Florida’s outdoor recreation companies or tech companies, to build annual corporate support.
The Digital Marketing & Membership Manager will work closely with Foundation staff in St. Petersburg and Tallahassee. S/he reports to the CEO and may oversee the work of interns, contractors, vendors, volunteers and eventually other full-time staff.
- Oversee the Foundation’s website and social media sites, keeping content fresh, compelling and visually appealing.
- Develop and implement strategies to spark online giving and create an expanding pool of donors to the Foundation.
- Create at least eight e-newsletters or e-blasts a year, using several outside email databases to build a responsive in-house e-mailing list.
- Manage the Foundation’s philanthropy database, working with the Chief Financial Officer and bookkeeper to ensure accuracy of charitable gift data across the finance and philanthropy databases. Run analytical reports as needed to monitor fund raising progress.
- Assist as needed in promotion and implementation of Foundation fundraising events; oversee Foundation involvement in public digital events with the potential to build annual support, such as MarineQuest, ICast, boat shows, etc.
- Supervise interns, short-term or contract employees, and over time, other permanent staff of the Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned, including occasional grant writing and traditional media marketing tasks.
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ related work experience in an office setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong marketing experience and skills, with track record of managing websites, social media and other forms of e-communication.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write to deadlines. Past experience collecting or producing video content a plus.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices and nonprofit event experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with the ability to interact successfully with donors, Board members, work colleagues, state employees and the public at large.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience in or appreciation for conservation and the out-of-doors a plus.
- Ability to manage projects with many variables, set realistic deadlines and manage to a timeline.
- Ability to adapt or modify projects and processes in response to changing circumstances, often on short notice.
- Ability to interpret guidelines and analyze factual information.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Demonstrates common sense, flexibility and teamwork with ability to exercise independent judgement.
- Opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks. Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisors.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT – FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
- May supervise other staff and/or volunteers, interns, or temporary staff over time.
- Financial responsibility may include working within a budget to complete projects, and assisting with budget development and meeting fundraising goals.
- Works within scope of program’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrated experience using effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong professional relationships and motivate vendors, staff and volunteers.
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is performed in a typical office setting and requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain. Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
- Occasional overnight travel, usually within Florida, required.
- Must have personal transportation to run errands, attend meetings, etc.
Salary range typically $50,000 to $65,000, negotiable based on experience.
To Apply, Email or Mail Cover Letter and Resume by February 28th to:
President & CEO
Fish and Wildlife Foundation of Florida
100 Eighth Avenue SE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.